Triangle Makers + Doers Film Series presented by Innovate Raleigh and Centerline Digital
Innovate Raleigh and Centerline Digital are proud to announce the winners of the Triangle Makers + Doers Film Series Contest! We're thrilled to be recognizing Bee Downtown, Spoonflower, MATI Energy, Practichem, and Envested for their innovative promise. We'll be spotlighting each of these winning businesses in a digital short about a “day in the life” at their business. The films will be produced by Centerline Digital’s production team and shot and released between March and October 2016.
So why these companies?
- Bee Downtown is building healthy, sustainable, honey bee communities in an effort to bring social and environmental responsibility together.
- Spoonflower is revolutionizing the way we access and imagine creativity by making it possible for individuals to design, print and sell their own fabric, wallpaper and gift wrap.
- MATI Energy is changing the way we caffeinate by bringing a healthy twist to the energy drink market.
- Practichem is transforming the way scientists work by designing and mechanizing a new approach to scientific instruments.
- Envested is focused on answering the problem of how we connect the emerging philanthropists with local charities.
Each of these businesses offer an exciting peak into the big ideas and passionate founders working in our region. The stories they'll share will makeup the inaugural season of the Triangle Makers + Doers Film Series, which will be the focus of a year-long social media campaign to raise awareness about the Triangle’s growing entrepreneurial scene. The final films will be featured on Innovate Raleigh’s website and social media platforms, as well as be available to the winning companies to market and promote their vision, ideas, services and products online.
“We were impressed with the number and quality of applicants; based on the caliber of submissions, it was difficult for us to narrow down the winners to just five companies, however these winning enterprises are particularly inspiring and we’re looking forward to sharing their entrepreneurial stories with the community,” Says Jenny Hwa, Innovate Raleigh’s Executive Director.
“It was incredibly exciting to see the response from Triangle makers and doers,” said John Lane, Chief Strategy Officer, Centerline Digital. “The entries were great and the decision was a tough one. Congratulations to the winners, we look forward to creating stories and videos with you that will bring attention to growing innovation here in the Triangle.”